The D23 Expo is the largest Disney fan event in the world held at the Anaheim Convention Center- just steps away from Disneyland! Guests can expect to hear the latest news about Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel at the D23 Expo including first looks at the 100th anniversary plans of the Walt Disney Company.
This is a must not miss event filled with panels filled with news and behind the scenes information from your favorite franchises, a exhibitor floor full of Disney themed shopping and some of the best Disney cosplays you've ever seen!
We particularly enjoy the D23 Expo because of all the major Disney Parks news we receive and the community that the event brings together. In addition to how to do the expo (covered in this D23 Expo guide), we'll also be sharing all the latest news from the event.
Keep reading for everything we know so fa about the 2022 D23 Expo including panel announcements!
D23 Expo 2022 Dates
The D23 Expo takes place September 9, 10 and 11 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. The convention runs from 9AM-7PM each day.
D23 Expo 2022 Tickets
Currently all tickets except for Sunday are now sold out! You can still purchase Sunday tickets for $89/$99 for adults and $79 per child.
- You must be a D23 Gold or General Member to purchase tickets. Fans can join D23 with a Gold Membership ($99.99), Gold Duo Membership ($129.99), or General Membership (complimentary) at JoinD23.com.
- Attendees will be able to secure advance reservations for select panels and experiences through a new random selection process closer to the event.
- A new preferred seating ticket option will be available for Hall D23.
- You will be able to easily transfer your additional guest badges to your family and friends who will be attending with you.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
D23 Expo Panels 2022
The main sight to see at any major convention are the panels! The D23 Expo panels will feature brand new announcements, sneak peeks, reveals and more for all things Disney including Pixar, Marvel and Star Wars!
The first panel kicks off the D23 Expo on September 9th with a Disney Legends Award Ceremony with panels later that day showcasing future projects from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, and Disney Live Action. Saturday morning, fans will get a sneak peek at the latest news from Marvel and Lucasfilm with the afternoon including a preview from Disney Branded Television. Sunday morning guests will get news from what's coming from Disney Parks, Expereinces and Products plus a special presentation of Disney Princess – The Concert.
D23 Expo 2022 Panel List
The main panels will take place in “Hall D23” which is the 6,900-seat venue in Hall D of the convention center. These are the ‘top tier' panels in terms of high list appearances, top news, etc.
Many of these panels will be available through a new random selection process closer to the event- this is likely to avoid any advance lining up so guests know which panels they can attend. And of course, those that purchased the new preferred seating option will have a spot in hall D23!
Friday, September 9
- Disney100– 10:30AM
- This panel kicks off the D23 Expo with a presentation that includes the Disney Legends Award Ceremony featuring Disney CEO Bob Chapek.
- Disney Live Axtion, Pixar & Walt Disney Animation – 3:30PM
- Guests will get new details, first looks, sneak peeks, surprises and announcements regarding upcoming theatrical and Disney+ titles from Disney Live Action, Pixar Animation Studios, and Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Panel will include studio heads, filmakers and cast members to discuss the most exciting titles announced.
Saturday, September 10
- Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm– 10AM
- Representatives from Marvel and Lucasfilm showcase theatrical and Disney+ titles along with behind the scenes and exclusive footage from new projects.
- Disney Branded Television- 3:30PM
- Presentation of an exclusive showcase of upcoming content featuring talent appearances and sneak previews for original content for Disney+, Disney Channel, and Disney Junior. This panel will also include looks at the new Disney+ series such as National Treasure, American Born Chinese, and The Santa Claus.
Sunday, September 11
- Disney Parks, Experiences and Products- 10:30AM
- Disney Parks Chairman Josh D'Amaro will share a look at new announcements and updates for Disney Parks around the world with behind-the-scenes “big dreams of Disney Imagineers.” This panel is said to be full of exciting news and surprises for Disney fans.
- Disney Princess – The Concert- 4:15PM
- Special performance of Disney Princess- The Concert featuring Tony nominee Susan Egan (Broadway’s original Belle in Beauty and the Beast, Meg in Disney’s animated feature Hercules), Broadway.com Audience Award nominee Isabelle McCalla (Princess Jasmine in Aladdin, The Prom), Disney Channel star Anneliese van der Pol (That’s So Raven, Raven’s Home, Broadway’s final Belle in Beauty and the Beast), and Broadway World Award winner Syndee Winters (Broadway’s Nala in The Lion King, Hamilton). Music director Benjamin Rauhala (Fiddler on the Roof, The Secret Life of Bees) and Prince Adam J. Levy (Moulin Rouge) will also join the quartet. The cast will perform favorite Disney Princess and Frozen songs, including classics such as “Part of Your World,” “Let It Go,” “A Whole New World,” “Colors of the Wind,” and “Almost There.”
- The performers will share exclusive, hilarious, and heartfelt behind-the-scenes stories from their time on the stage and screen.
Schedule and talent are subject to change.
D23 Expo Event Stages
The main panels will take plan in the 7,000 seat Hall D23 with other stages including the 3,000-seat Premiere Stage, the 1,200-seat Backlot Stage, and the expanded, 700-seat Walt Disney Archives Stage for more presentations curated by the staff of the Archives.
On the main show floor, the D23 Expo Live! Stage will feature performances, appearances, demonstrations, and more throughout the duration of the convention.
Walt Disney Archives presents Step in Time
Walt Disney Archives presents a celebration of a the nearly 100 year history of The Walt Disney Company with a chronological exhibit showcasing immersive, themed environments from animated shorts, films, television products, Disney Parks favorites including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Mary Poppins, Tron and the Haunted Mansion!
The gallery space will be divided into nine themed areas giving guests the chance to capture great Disney themed photo ops. Including the chance to captain the boat in Steamboat Willie, walking the blue carpet at the premiere of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and visiting with the carousel horses from Mary Poppins, to being serenaded by Breathless Mahoney at Club Ritz (Dick Tracy), visiting Flynn’s Arcade (Tron), and coming face-to-face with the bride in the attic of the Haunted Mansion.
D23 Expo Mousequerade 2022
The D23 Expo Mousequerade is the must see Disney costume contest. Guests were invited to design Disney-inspired costumes with finalists displaying their designs before a panel of celebrity judges.
This year's panel of judges includes Nina West as host, with Yvette Nicole Brown (Big Shot, Disenchanted), Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano and creator of Her Universe), and Ally Maki (Toy Story 4, Home Sweet Home Alone) judging the selection of contestants.
D23 Expo Walt's Plane
The 2022 D23 Expo will feature a brand-new exhibit of Disney history hosted by D23 and the Walt Disney Archives. Walt Disney's Grumman Gulfstream I company airplane is being restored and transported to Anaheim.
The plane was on display for years as a part of the Studio Backlot Tour at Disney's Hollywood Studios and will be part of an exhibit at the D23 Expo 2022 called Mickey Mouse One: Walt’s Plane presented by Amazon.
D23 Expo Show Floor
The massive show floor is a sight to see at the 2022 D23 Expo which will be full of immersive experiences and opportunities for guests to hear upcoming exciting Disney nows plus possibly run into their favorite Disney stars, characters, Imagineers, animators, and filmmakers.
The D23 Expo show floor is also where you can find all the shopping including D23 Expo-exclusive collectibles plus a large variety of Disney exhibitor shops including the main store the D23 Expo Emporium.
D23 Expo Walt Disney Archives Exhibit 2022
The Walt Disney Archives Team always puts together an incredible exhibit of pieces around a specific theme. As the D23 Expo is specifically celebrating the kickoff of The Walt Disney Company's 100th Anniversary I expect the exhibit will be something around Disney100.
Last expo, the exhibit was a collection of costumes from your favorite films. It was stunning to see all of the designs up close.
D23 Expo Convention Tips
There's some key tips to keep in mind when attending the 2022 D23 Expo to assist with your day and allow you to have the best experience possible! Here are our top convention tips:
- Accept that you won't be able to see and do it all. As more information is released about the D23 Expo, start to make a list of things that are your priority. Big panels overlap with niche ones and you'll find yourself deciding between camping out for a spot to see early previews of the latest Marvel movie and hearing from a legendary Disney Imagineer. Both great options, but you can't do it all.
- Make time to explore the D23 Expo show floor. There are tons of exhibits, shops, and random experiences that you don't want to miss. Often the show floor is the sleeper hit of the expo.
- Linger near the Walt Disney Animation / Pixar Animation booth. In previous years, this booth has had incredible giveaways of posters and other exclusive items. I typically don't buy much at the expo but still walk away with an incredible haul of limited edition merchandise.
- Arrive early each day especially if there's merchandise exclusives on the show floor you have your eyes on. This is especially important on Friday as most exclusive items will sell out quickly this first day so the sooner you're in line, the better chance you have.
- Wear comfortable shoes! You will be doing a lot of walking and most of the Anaheim Convention Center includes hard, concrete floors so arrive prepared.
- Add a day to Disneyland! You can get discount tickets through our exclusive link- spend the evenings at Disneyland since it's just down the road from the Anaheim Convention Center!
- Bring a water bottle. While outside food and drinks aren't permitted according to convention rules, you're welcome to bring a water bottle to take advantage of the many water filling statins around the center.
- Pack a battery pack for your phone as you will end up going through your phone battery quickly taking pictures and keeping track of the event on the D23 Expo app.
- Bring hand sanitizer to keep your hands germ free especially if you're snacking throughout the day!
- Put a Sharpie in your bag with paper (cardstock is a good choice!) just in case- you never know when you might run into celebrities or industry icons on the show floor so you're prepared for any spontaneous autographs.
- If you're interested in purchasing prints on the show floor, you may want to consider bringing a poster tube to keep your treasures safe! This is also a good thing to bring if panels you attend end up handing out free posters.
- Temper your expectations. You may not get into every ‘top tier panel' but there's plenty more to do! Have a solid backup for everything you want to do.
But most of all, have fun and enjoy connecting with other like minded Disney fans!
D23 Expo Shopping
New this year at the D23 Expo will be the D23 Expo Marketplace- a 27,000 foot retail location offering merchandise from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more. Plus there will be limited-edition merchandise and items celebrating Disney's 100th Anniversary!
Mickey’s of Glendale, the Walt Disney Imagineering store, will also have three retail places at the D23 Expo including:
- Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store — Featuring merchandise designed by Imagineers, including hats, T-shirts, accessories, and more. Additionally, guests will have the opportunity to shop collections celebrating the upcoming Walt Disney Imagineering 70th Anniversary.
- Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store — Disney pin enthusiasts will want to stop by this space, which will feature a large assortment of limited-edition pins.
- D23 Expo Shop x Mickey’s of Glendale — The Official Disney Fan Club and Mickey’s of Glendale have joined forces to bring you the official merchandise of D23 Expo 2022.
Guests can also enjoy a retail space for Disney Publishing including first to market books available for purchase. Book signings within the book include Disney historian and 100 Disney Adventures of a Lifetime author Marcy Carriker Smothers, DisneyBound’s Leslie Kay, Shinji Takahashi and the Mark of the Coatl’s Julie Kagawa, and Cautionary Tales’ Ridley Pearson.
- D23 Expo attendees will have the first opportunity to purchase items celebrating Disney100.
- Inspired by the vibrant landscape of Wakanda, and brought to life on-screen in Black Panther, World of Wakanda merchandise from Marvel will debut at D23 Expo Marketplace and on shopDisney.
- Guided by the Light, a new collection by Ashley Eckstein (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), is inspired by Ahsoka Tano’s strength amid darkness. The collection will also be available on shopDisney.
- With the help of some magic, a new line of adorable plush inspired by tasty treats from Disney Parks Main Street Bakery will debut at D23 Expo: Disney Munchlings. These cute collectibles include a scented Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Swirl Bun and Minnie Mouse Wild Strawberry Cupcake. Disney Munchlings will also be available for purchase on shopDisney.
How to Shop
- There will be a virtual queue in place for the D23 Expo Marketplace, Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store, or Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store that you can access by using the Disneyland Resort app and scanning a QR code located at the store’s entrance.
Merchandise Mobile Checkout
- Pay for items from D23 Expo Marketplace, D23 Expo Shop x Mickey’s of Glendale, or Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store via the Disneyland Resort app and avoid long checkout lines.
- To shop select limited-edition collection items, attendees will be able to reserve via StorePass, an online reservation system prior to the start of D23 Expo.
- Details on how to get a StorePass reservation will be announced later this summer.
Plan Your Visit to Disneyland!!
We have a team of writers covering the most sought after Disneyland and Walt Disney World planning tips. Sign up for our newsletter over for exclusive discounts on tickets, hotels, and dining along with ultimate guides to planning your vacation. Join the FREE newsletter here>