Disneyland rider swap allows adult guests to take turns waiting with kids or other guests that are unable to ride attractions due to height requirements or other various reasons. This service gives the second adult in the group a special pass so they can ride without having to wait a second time.
Disneyland rider swap is a great method to utilize time at the theme parks and also ensure parents get to enjoy all attractions they’re interested in!
Keep reading for everything you need to know about Disneyland rider swap and how to use it.
What Is Disneyland Rider Swap?
Disneyland rider swap is available for all rides in Disneyland and California Adventure. The guests that can utilize rider swap include:
- guests that don’t meet the height requirements
- guests that have a service animal that cannot board the attraction or wait in a provided kennel
- guests that cannot wait the duration of the queue and needs another member of the party to wait for them.
Disneyland rider swap allows supervising guests to wait with the member of the party that isn’t currently experiencing the attraction. That same guess will have a chance to ride without having to wait again. They can then swap with the other supervising adult and have a chance to ride.
Discount Disneyland Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today,offers the best Disneyland discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save in my Get Away Today review!
How to Use Disneyland Rider Swap
Here is the step by step process for utilizing Disneyland rider swap:
- Get in line for the attraction of your choice. Tell the cast member that you want to use Rider Switch.
- The cast member will divide you into two groups. One group will ride the attraction while the second group will wait with the children not tall enough to ride.
- The second group will have their tickets scanned. *Note: this party can include up to three people. So if you have two kids and one is tall enough to ride and one isn’t- the one tall enough to ride can ride the attraction TWICE if you get their ticket scanned this second time while they’re riding with the first group.
- After group one rides then you switch groups.
- Group two will enter the attraction through the Lightning Lane entrance or sometimes the exit (the cast member will explain to you how to re-enter) and ride with your Rider Switch pass.
- Everything is now digital with Rider Switch- your Disneyland ticket will have your Rider Switch benefit loaded onto it in the same way Lightning Lane reservations are used.
Disneyland Rider Swap Tips
Here’s a few tips to help you make the most out of using Disneyland rider swap:
- If you have a second kid in your group that can ride, they can enjoy the attraction twice. That child rides in the first group with the supervising parent (while the other parent waits to supervise the younger child) then they can also ride with their second parent when they do the rider switch.
- Tell the cast member at the entrance of the attraction you want to utilize rider swap. They will then direct you on the next steps you need to take!
- Disney used to describe rider swap as only being for attractions with ride requirements but that language has been changed to include all rides. This is likely to be more accessible towards guests with disabilities.
Plan Your Disneyland Trip Today!
Let us help you plan your Disneyland vacation! To get started, subscribe to our FREE deals newsletter for access to exclusive content and deals you won’t find anywhere else. Check it out HERE! Don’t forget to check out some of our other helpful planning guides:
- 150 Disneyland Tips For 2023 to Help You Save Money and Experience More
- Hotels Near Disneyland for Large Families – Our Top Ten Choices
- Disneyland Reservation System – How to Get a Reservation for Disneyland
- Magic Key – Disneyland’s New Annual Pass Program – All Prices, Perks, and Details!
- Disneyland Genie+ Guide: Tips for Paid FastPass Replacement + Is it Worth It?