Walt Disney World employs more than 60,000 Cast Members working in positions ranging from house keeping to train engineer. Each day someone has to get these Cast Members dressed for the day–Welcome to Walt Disney World Cast Costuming.
1. Cast Members know what costume their position requires each day
2. They pick out the correct size from row upon row of shirts, pants, and jackets.
3. Mickey Mouse has a costume for every occasion–he has more than one costume to dress like an artist.
4. Picking out shoes here may be an issue, unless you’re a size forty.
5. Gowns for every occasion
6. This dress will be used in the afternoon parade
7. Every day costumes must be repaired, because even Ariel tears her dress sometimes
These photos come from a Tumblr post that can be found here.
The pure size and complexity of the Walt Disney World resort has always astounded me. For both the guests and cast members, the sheer size is one of the biggest draws and causes of hardship. For this reason, I will always prefer Walt Disney World’s quainter sibling, Disneyland. See a video here of the costume process at Disneyland.
Walt Disney World will continue to have my jaw drop because of it’s sheer size and mind blowing mechanics.
If you enjoy this article, then do these three things:
- We share articles like this every day on the Disney Dose Facebook page. Join us there.
- Sign up for our email newsletter here.
- SHARE this article by clicking the Like button the side or the bottom of this page.
Would you ever want to work at Walt Disney World?
Join the Disney Dose Newsletter!
Disneyland Secrets in Your Inbox