The Disneyland 60th Anniversary kicks off this month on May 22nd. Leading up to that date we have the return of multiple classic attractions after refurbishments and the debut of three new night time shows.
On this episode of the Disney Dose podcast, we discuss the new offerings, new shows and the recently refreshed attractions. Most importantly, Casey and I dig into what is the best way to experience all of the new night time entertainment.
This is a jam-packed episode that you won’t want to miss if you plan on visiting Disneyland during the 60th Anniversary.
Click The Play Button Below to Listen:
In this episode you will hear:
- What the refurbishments in the Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan entail
- How the Haunted Mansion Hatbox Ghost affects the entire community
- Our review of the new Disneyland Forever “Kiss Goodnight” song by Richard Sherman
- Why the new and improved Smoke Jumpers restaurant is worth a stop
- How the new Grizzly Peak area will be better than Condor Flats
- The best way to experience all of the new Disneyland night time entertainment
- Why we are most excited for the new World of Color
- How the Disneyland Forever Fireworks will differ from the Remember Dreams Come True show
- What our favorite Disneyland lunch options are
- Why the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty castle looks great with diamonds on it
- And so much more…
60th Anniversary Attraction Opening Dates
- Haunted Mansion- May 8
- Soarin’ Over California and the New Grizzly Peak Airfield- May 14
- Matterhorn- May 21
- Peter Pan- July 1 (the new effects are taking the Imagineers longer than expected to install)
- Diamond Mad T Party– May 22
- Paint the Night Parade- May 22
- World of Color: Celebrate!- May 22
- Disneyland Forever Fireworks- May 22
For More on the Disneyland 60th Anniversary
See our previous articles all about the Disneyland 60th for all the information on what to expect for the celebration. Be sure to take a look at the concept art for Disneyland Castle and Carthay Circle Theater with diamonds all over it and take a listen to the new soundtrack for the Disneyland Forever fireworks that was accidentally played too loud during one of the fireworks tests. Also, much to the excitement of many Disneyland annual pass holders, the Mad T Party will return to Disney California Adventure.
About This Week’s Guest
Casey Starnes, this week’s wonderful guest, has a great website called DLRPrepSchool which promises to help plan your Disneyland vacation. Be sure to take a look at her site and send her an email if you have difficulty planning your trip. In the episode we also mention her article describing the most Unique Aspects and Details of Disneyland. Be sure to give it a read.
Special Thanks to You:
Thank you for all of the support for the Disney Dose podcast and the requests for shows during our long hiatus. I have had a lot on my plate as I prepare tons of incredible surprises for this summer on Disney Dose. Let me know what you like or don’t like about the show by leaving a review on iTunes. Have a show suggestion or Disneyland secret to share? Email [email protected] Dose.com