Walt Disney World Extended Evening Hours- Stay After Park Closing, Deluxe Hotel Perks
Walt Disney World Extended Evening Hours are an added perk for deluxe Disney resort hotel guests. Guests get access to the theme parks on select nights for an extra two hours after park closing.
Our guide covers everything you need to know about Disney World's extended evening hours along with our best tips for how to maximize your time.
Walt Disney World Extended Evening Hours
Extended Evening Hours are the replacement for what was previously called Evening Extra Magic Hours. Originally, their return was advertised as a way to celebrate Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary but now it's been announced they'll stay through 2023.
Disney World's Extended Evening Hours aren't on a daily schedule like Early Entry and only happen sporadically. More evenings will be offered during peak times of the years with other desired parks (Hollywood Studios) added in as needed.
Extended Evening Hours are a great perk to take advantage of since many guests are often feeling tired and done for the day once park closing rolls around. Since these hours are also only limited to deluxe hotel guests, this also limits the amount of guests that can take advantage so in some instances the parks are nearly empty. You can get a lot accomplished during this time.
Walt Disney World Qualifying Hotels
Only guests staying at Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts can take advantage of extended evening hours which includes these resorts:
Disney Deluxe Resorts
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney's Beach Club Resort
- Disney's BoardWalk Inn
- Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney's Beach Club Villas
- Disney's BoardWalk Villas
- Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Other Select Hotels
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Shades of Green on Walt Disney World
The good news is that you can stay at a deluxe Disney resort for the price of a moderate by renting DVC points for a Deluxe Villa hotel.
Free Disney World Vacation Quote
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, can get you a no obligation Disney World vacation quote for free! In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
And at no additional charge, you get FREE concierge Walt Disney World services! These services include having Get Away Today's Walt Disney World expert Brooklyn take care of all your reservations and price monitoring for your trip. This really takes all the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Rather than waking up at odd hours of the night to book all your reservations, why not let their travel agents take care of it for you- for free!
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Extended Evening Hours Open Attractions
Extended evening hours are held most often at Magic Kingdom and EPCOT. Recently, Walt Disney World began offering it at Hollywood Studios during peak times of the year.
Hollywood Studios- Added for December 2022
Extended Evening Theme Park Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is available on December 15 and 22, 2022 from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
During the evening EPCOT is hosting Extended Evening hours, guests will be able to request to join the virtual queue at 6PM. The return time will fall during the Extended Evening hours so you do not need to be in EPCOT at the time you request the virtual queue.
Along with select merchandise and food and beverage options, the following attractions are planned to be operational during Extended Evening Hours when it is offered at each theme park:
Magic Kingdom Park
- “it’s a small world”
- Astro Orbiter
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Barnstormer
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind – New!
- Mission: SPACE
- Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
You can find the current schedule for Extended Evening Hours on Walt Disney World's website for the most current dates.
Walt Disney World Extended Evening Hours Strategy
Disney World Extended Evening Hours are an easy going experience in that you don't really need much of a strategy! They tend not to be too crowded so you can just show up and enjoy. However, you may want to consider a few things before your experience:
- Go to the attractions that have Individual Lightning Lane access first, these rides are the most popular so this is a great time to ride without having to pay for access to the Lightning Lane.
- Not all the dining options will be open so make sure you eat before you arrive, you also don't want to use your time eating.
- Take an afternoon break and do a nap so everyone is refreshed and ready to stay up late!
- There will be some other guests still in line for the most popular rides so save those for later in the night to allow those lines to die down a bit.
Extended evening hours are a great perk for deluxe Disney resort guests to take advantage of, you can ride so many attractions in such a short time. Be sure to take advantage if you can during your trip!
Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation!
We hope you enjoyed our Beaches and Cream dining review! Be sure to subscribe to our deals newsletter for all of the latest information on deals and saving tips to help you save money and experience more! Sign up here. Check out our other Disney World articles: