Mattel and Disney have teamed up to create a new Toy Story short. This short was created using the “Toy Story: Space Mission” toys that were recently released. Something that is really cool about the video is that a child does all the voices of the characters. This makes it feel like you are actually inside a child's imagination. It also was probably nice to not have to have any big names voicing the characters. Enjoy the video and learn about some cool facts about how the film was created afterwards.
Mattel’s Toy Story Toymation Fun Facts:
- It took a crew of 8 people over more than 1300 hours and a span of 4 weeks to complete the toymation
- Every second needed 12 frames of pictures
- Every shot needed at least 3 takes, many of which had to be done separately with each toy and then composited together later
- Each toy had to be taken apart and reassembled with wire and museum putty in order to be rigged properly to animate
- The dust bunnies were created from an old carpet the team almost threw out right before production on the toymation project began
- The crew made 5 trips to the supermarket to clear out their asparagus, big broccoli heads, and artichokes to build the vegetable forest set