Shannon Albert, the founder of WDWPrepSchool, is with me today to discuss planning a WDW vacation with the new FastPass+. We discuss all aspects of this new system that was recently implemented throughout Walt Disney World.
We talk about the future of Walt Disney World and what we will see when Star Wars and Avatar both come to town. Also, Shannon admits that Disneyland is the place for Disney fans to visit right now.
This week’s Disneyland secret features the doll inside of it’s a Small World designed to look like Mary Blair. Mary is the renowned artist who worked on it’s a Small World, Peter Pan, and Alice in Wonderland.
Also, welcome to the readers of WDW Prep School! Thanks for listening to the interview and taking a look at the Disneyland side of things.
Everyone, be sure to join us on August 16th for the first ever Disney Dose meet up at Rancho del Zocalo at 2pm for fun, prizes, and new Disney friends.
The information below is all based off of the podcast audio. Be sure to listen for the full experience.
Click The Play Button Below to Listen:
More Specifically, In This Episode You’ll Hear:
- Why WDW is still the top resort destination in the world
- MagicBands will make you spend more
- Will the new Avatar Land or Star Wars Land bring in more visitors?
- The PR lense of the Disney company and how they lack education
- FastPass+ for the masses–it’s necessary
- How to differentiate between the planners and the people who just don’t plan when you are in the Walt Disney World theme parks
- Are MagicBands locking people in to keep them from going to Harry Potter?
- Loudest complainers are the people who hate change
- The difference between Disneyland planners and Walt Disney World planners
- Does Disney listen to their fans?
- The laid back planning vibe of Disneyland
- Is FastPass+ ruining the vacation?
- Disneyland is the place to visit right now
This Week’s Disneyland Secret:
In each week’s episode I gave a special Disneyland secret from our book, Disneyland Secrets: A Guide to Disneyland’s Hidden Details. Plus, get a discount for the book when you listen.
Mary Blair is remembered for her fantastical colorful artwork and stylized illustrations. Most notable her work is seen in Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, and it’s a Small World. Walt Disney brought her out of retirement in 1963 to head the it’s a Small World project for the World’s Fair.
In honor of her amazing work on the it’s a Small World attraction a special doll was added to the attraction. On top of the Eifel tower in the French scene of the attraction, a doll with short cropped hair, blue eyes, and dressed in a yellow poncho and boots represents Blair.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode:
- Shannon’s Podcast with Before and After Interview– She talks to a guest before and after their Walt Disney World vacation.
- First Timers Guide to WDW– Follow Shannon’s six step process to simplify the planning process.
- New York Times Article About Flexibility of Parades– Discusses the secret control room in the bowels of Walt Disney World.
- Going Between Disneyland and Walt Disney World– Interview with Casey Starnes talking about her recent trip to Walt Disney World after regularly visiting Disneyland.
- Review of the FastPass+ and Magicbands– Shannon’s review of the new Walt Disney World systems.
This week we are giving away a copy’s of Shannon’s new eBook all about planning your Walt Disney World vacation and a copy of our Disneyland secrets eBook.
To enter, simply leave a comment below with your favorite memory from the Disney parks. Comment below:
Special Thanks to You:
This audio podcast is created for you, the Disneyland fan and traveler. With your help, we provide great tips and interviews about the happiest place on earth each week.
Right now, the best way for you to help the show is to leave a review on iTunes. Each review is ridiculously helpful and very much appreciated.
To everyone who has thus far reviewed the show, thank you.
Also, be sure to checkout our newsletter for the best in Disneyland fun. Click here >
I hope that you enjoyed listening to Shannon and me discuss Walt Disney World and the rise of FastPass+ and MagicBands.