Jonathan Freeman, the original voice of Jafar in the Disney's classic movie, Aladdin, joins us on the Disney Dose podcast this week. We discuss his breathtaking 25+ years voicing the character and his current role as Jafar in the theater production of Aladdin on Broadway.
This episode is filled with Disney Animation history and enlightening stories from Jonathan. He even reads lines from Frozen's Olaf in Jafar's voice!. You won't want to miss this engaging and sometimes hilarious episode of this Disney Dose podcast.
In this article:
Click The Play Button Below to Listen:
In this episode you will hear:
- How Jonathan got the part of Jafar
- What he did to develop the character
- What it was like to record the scenes at Jafar
- How the character and the character of Iago evolved over production
- Which other texts and versions inspired the Disney version of Jafar
- How Jonathan is able to continue voicing the character after so many years
- What caused Aladdin to make it's way from off-off-off Broadway to Broadway
- How playing Jafar has changed Jonathan's life
- And so much more…
For more from Jonathan Freeman
Jonathan Freeman performs every night on stage in the incredible theatrical production of Aladdin on Broadway. Of course, you can also find his voice anywhere that you find Jafar. For some of his credits as the character, check out his IMDB page.
I spoke to Jonathan before he joined his friend, Ron Suskind, to present the incredible story of Life, Animated: A Story of Sidekicks, Heroes, and Autism. This book is an incredible story about how Disney Animated classics helped to break through the barrier of autism.
Special Thanks to You:
I produce and edit the Disney Dose podcast every week for you, the Disney fan. Thanks for all of your support that I receive each time a new show goes live. The incredible responses you send my way are so gratifying. If you enjoy the show, please leave a review on iTunes. To share your comments on the show, you can send me an email: GAVIN @ Disney Dose .com