Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is a brand new rollercoaster at EPCOT in Walt Disney World based on the Guardians of the Galaxy films. This ride is already a guest favorite and has been given rave reviews.
The ride features a omni-style rollercoaster with a constantly changing soundtracking meaning each time you ride you experience a different song. Walt Disney World is using a virtual queue for this ride and there is no standby line. You either have the option of getting a Boarding Group via the virtual queue or paying for Lightning Lane access.
Our guide provides all our best tips for how to use the virtual queue to ride Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
Free Disney World Vacation Quote
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, can get you a no obligation Disney World vacation quote for free! In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
And at no additional charge, you get FREE concierge Walt Disney World services! These services include having Get Away Today's Walt Disney World expert Brooklyn take care of all your reservations and price monitoring for your trip. This really takes all the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Rather than waking up at odd hours of the night to book all your reservations, why not let their travel agents take care of it for you- for free!
You can read my review on my personal experiences booking through Get Away Today and how much you can save here!
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue
There are only two ways to ride Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind: paying for Individual Lightning Lane access or getting access via the virtual queue.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Individual Lightning Lane typically costs around $14-$17 per person which is roughly in line with pricing for Rise of the Resistance. If you are staying at a Walt Disney World resort then you will be able to purchase access as early as 7AM while non-resort park guests will have to wait until they enter the park.
If you want to avoid paying to ride, then your best bet is to join the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind virtual queue.
How To Use Virtual Queue for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
You can access the virtual queue by using the My Experience App. You will have two chances each day to join the virtual queue at 7AM for Disney Resort hotel guests only. At 1PM there will be another chance to join the queue as long as you've scanned into EPCOT that day already. Guests can only ride Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind once using the virtual queue option.
Extended Evening Hours Virtual Queue
Guests staying at Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resorts can take advantage of Extended Evening Hours on select nights. During these special after park operating hours they will have an additional chance to join the virtual queue at 6PM. Guests do not need to be in the parks to access the virtual queue.
How to Get a Boarding Group to Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- First, make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Double check that all your tickets are linked to your app and that you have a valid Park Pass Reservation for EPCOT.
- A few minutes before the official time (7AM or 1PM) log into the app and click on the ‘join' button for “Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue”- I would do this a few times going back and forth, I found this helped my phone load the page quicker when the time came when we used this trick for Rise of the Resistance. This is also a good time to ensure you are logged in so I would make sure you log out and log back in, just to be safe.
- Wait until exactly when the clock hits 7AM, click on ‘join'- this brings you to the main screen where you will click ‘join' again and then a screen will show your party- no need to stop to select them, they will be preselected, and then hit join again.
- This process should literally take 1-2 seconds- groups go fast, be ready to push those buttons quickly!
- Make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so you will be alerted if your group is called to return. You’ll have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of attraction
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
It is much easier to access the virtual queue for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind than it was when Rise of the Resistance was using this system so this process is much less stressful than it was previously. Most guests have been able to access the attraction just fine with just a bit of preparation.
Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation!
We hope you enjoyed our Beaches and Cream dining review! Be sure to subscribe to our deals newsletter for all of the latest information on deals and saving tips to help you save money and experience more! Sign up here. Check out our other Disney World articles: