In this episode I am joined by Brady MacDonald, the theme parks writer for the LA Times to discuss the future of Disneyland, the quality of Disney theme parks around the world, and the theme park that you have never heard of that is Brady's favorite in the world.
We also chatted about the international Disney parks, how Paris compares to the US parks, and whether Shanghai Disneyland will be the next Tokyo Disney Sea.
This week's Disneyland secret comes from Brady MacDonald as he tells the his ‘secret' to getting the most done when he visits Disneyland.
The information below is all based off of the podcast audio. Be sure to listen for the full experience.
Click The Play Button Below to Listen:
More Specifically, In This Episode You'll Hear:
- Possible expansion plans for Disneyland Park
- Why Westcot was not built and Disney California Adventure was
- Disneyland Paris isn't the financial flop that everyone believes
- What is in store for the 60th Anniversary?
- Should Grizzly Peak at Disney California Adventure ever have been built
- Disney Parks around the globe
- Shanghai Disneyland–Will it be awesome?
- The Hong Kong method and how it applies to every theme park being built now
- Brady's favorite theme park. (It's not Disney)
This Week's Disneyland Secret:
This episode's Disneyland secret is a little different, because it revolves around Brady's tips for visiting Disneyland. These “secrets” are all his favorite planning tips and are very similar to the articles that we have on MickeyVisit.com.
Brady has three tips to improve your Disneyland vacation for us today. He suggests that you give yourself a break from the parks in the afternoon. If you are visiting for the entire day, head back to the hotel during the afternoon rush, during the peak temperatures of the day. Try an icy drink at Trader Sam's during your break.
Second, never wait in any line that is over 30 minutes long. There is always a shorter line, and the line that you are in will always be shorter at another time. For more information on avoiding long lines at Disneyland, see our full guide here.
Third, you can always get a good view of a parade, the fireworks, World of Color, and “Fantasmic!” so there is no reason to wait for these shows. Arrive just when they are starting or even when they are already in process. You can always get a pretty good seat.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode:
- 7 Tips For Tackling Disneyland in a Day– His Tips for Visiting Disneyland
- Knoebels Amusement Resort– This is Brady's favorite theme park because of the vintage attractions and rides throughout.
- Interview With Peter Rummell– A fantastic interview with Peter Rummell, the ex-Chairman of Walt Disney Imagineering. This is a great interview by the Season Pass Podcast.
- Theme Parks Coming to China– Brady's article about what is coming soon to China
- Disneyland Copycat Park in China– Photos of the park that Brady and I joke about.
Special Thanks to You:
Each week this audio interview podcast is produced for you–the Disney fan. I sure hope that you enjoy the show and the great people that join us each week.
To keep the show going, there is just one little thing that I ask of you. Please leave us a review on iTunes. Each review is extremely helpful and so greatly appreciated.
Thanks very much to everyone who has already reviewed the show.
Thanks for joining Brady and me as we discuss the future of Disneyland and what we expect to see during Disneyland's 60th Anniversary.