Disneyland added a new FastPass system this morning for the Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet in Fantasyland. This new system is now the only way to meet Anna and Elsa. Instead of waiting in a 2-3 hour long line, you arrive to the meet and greet at the beginning of the day to receive a Return Trip Ticket very similar to a FastPass.
On the Return Trip Ticket, you will see a time window where you can return to the character experience to find a much shorter line. Reports from the parks tell us that this line was just about 10-15 minutes all of today.
Follow these instructions to visit Anna and Elsa with the new Return Trip Experience System:
- Arrive at the parks before opening
- When the gates open, head for Fantasyland and find a Cast Member at the Frozen Meet and Greet
- Ask the Cast Member for return trip ticket. They will scan your ticket or Annual Pass and give you a Return Ticket
- Enjoy your day until your time comes up, which is when you should return to the Frozen area in Fantasyland
- Show the Cast Member your ticket and enter the very short queue line
- Make your child’s day when you visit Anna and Elsa, the royalty from Disney’s Frozen
— Ann (@Characterfan) September 2, 2014
There was no word from Disneyland Public Relations on whether this new FastPass type system is permanent, or just an experiment like the recent PhotoPass experience. I will update this page with information as the situation unfolds.
The only real downside to this new system is that guests who want to meet Anna and Elsa must now arrive right at park opening in order to secure a pass. Reports tell us that the special tickets ran out within two hours after opening.
Without a getting a FastPass in the morning, there is now way to meet the Frozen princeses in person. The next best thing is catching them in the daily Frozen Pre-Parade that performs before the Soundsational parade. This is an evolving story. More information will be sent out over Twitter and Facebook.