Today I am joined by Christine Weissman, the Executive Chef for the Disneyland Resort Parks. Also, in this episode I share my favorite Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, and Downtown Disney restaurants ranging from sit down to quick service.
I talked to Christine Weissman about her experiences working as Executive Chef at Epcot, aboard the Disney Cruise Line, and now the entire Disneyland Resort.
Also, this week's Disneyland secret reveals the hidden vents or “smellitzers” hidden below the shop windows on Main Street.
The information below is all based off of the podcast audio. Be sure to listen for the full experience.
In this article:
Click The Play Button Below to Listen:
Christine Weissman Interview:
- Digging for more information about the soon to be revealed Club 33
- Her story on how she got into the food industry
- The responsibilities of her position at Disneyland
- A typical day in the life of Christine
- The difficulties of designing menus for international chefs aboard the Disney Cruise Line
- How Disney works to source their food products
- When special events provide the need for new menu items
- The difficulties of running the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
- And the best part of her day…
My Experiences in Disneyland Food
My Favorite Disneyland Restaurants
- Sit Down: My top choice of restaurant would actually be Club 33…but as it is a private Club I picked a different location
- Counter Service Restaurant: Because I didn't pick a real sit down restaurant for my favorite in Disneyland, I have picked two Disneyland counter service restaurants: Rancho del Zocalo and the Stage Door Cafe. I really love the Stage Door Cafe and the Disneyland Corn Dogs that are sold there.
My Favorite Disney California Adventure Restaurants:
- Sit Down: My top choice sit down restaurant for Disney California Adventure is the Carthay Circle Restaurant. Read all about our experience at the restaurant here. Also, I really enjoy the Wine Country Trattoria, where you can get pasta and a table on the edge of the seating area to watch the parade go by.
- Counter Service Restaurant: The best quick service in this park is of course Corn Dog Castle, where the famous Disneyland corn dogs are sold.
My Favorite Downtown Disney Restaurants:
- Sit Down: My three favorite Downtown Disney restaurants are Naples (in the episode I incorrectly called the location Via Napoli), Catal, and Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Catal is my all time favorite Downtown Disney restaurant.
- Counter Service Restaurant: Occasionally we will get a sandwich at Earl of Sandwich for lunch. It's a very good option, but it is a little bit of a walk from the Disneyland main gate. See our review here.
This Week's Disneyland Secret:
In each week's episode I'll have a new secret from our book, Disneyland Secrets: A Guide to Disneyland's Hidden Details. Also, receive a discount for the book when you listen to the episode.
This week we talk about the Smellitzer vent system that is used throughout Disneyland to pump different smells into the areas to create various themes. Specifically, we look at the vent underneath the candy kitchen window that pumps the smell of vanilla into the street. Did you know that vanilla has been proven to make you hungry?
Special Thanks to You:
Thanks for helping us to make this podcast a success. I created this show to provide info while providing an escape into the Disney world of thought during your regular week. I do this for you.
Currently, the best way to make sure there will be more Disney Dose podcasts is to leave a review for the podcast on our page in iTunes. These are extremely helpful and so greatly appreciated.
If you can spare a second, please go to iTunes and leave us a review for the show. Include your favorite parts of the show and give us an honest review (so long as it is five stars) hahaha…just kidding…but it would be nice of you.
Also, be sure to join the community by subscribing to our newsletter here.
I hope you enjoyed our interview with Christine Weissman the Executive Chef for the Disneyland Resort parks.
There are many other episodes waiting for you to listen to, so be sure to checkout the show on iTunes and Stitcher.
(Featured image by