This week we talk to Don Carson, ex-Disney Imagineer, who worked for Disney Imagineering for six years and spent that time working on Splash Mountain and Toontown in Disneyland.
This week’s Disneyland secret features the Disney Cast Member name tag pins that celebrate the amount of years they have worked for the Disney company. I also dispel some rumors about the rare blue Cast Member name tag. See all of the info and photos of the Disney Cast Member name tags here >
The information below is all based off the podcast audio. Be sure to listen for the full experience.
Click The Play Button Below to Listen:
More Specifically, In This Episode You’ll Hear:
- How Don began working at Imagineering
- The one change in Walt Disney World’s Splash Mountain that transformed the entire attraction
- How Don created the design for Mickey Mouse’s house in Toontown
- Why there is ride track on the roof of Toontown
- Info on the top secret group that does small projects to improve the Disney parks
- Which industry is the most similar to the theme park industry
- Why video games don’t look as good at Pixar films
This Week’s Disneyland Secret:
Interested in Disneyland secrets? Take a look at our eBook Disneyland Secrets: Grand Tour of Disneyland’s Hidden Details.
This week our Disneyland secret features the Cast Member name tags and the pins that are given out to Cast Members in honor of the amount of time they have worked for the company. See all of the information and photos of these pins here >
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode:
- Don’s Advice on How to Become an Imagineer
- Don’s blog
- Don’s Presentation on Attention to Detail in Theme Parks
Special Thanks to You:
The Disney Dose podcast is produced each week for you– the Disney fan. Thanks for tuning in each week, I truly hope that you enjoy the show.
Thanks to everyone who has already left us a review on iTunes. If you haven’t yet left a review, please head over to iTunes and search Disney Dose to leave a review with your comments and feedback.