Today I am joined by Casey Starnes from DLRPrepSchool.com to discuss the many mistakes that each of us have made while visiting Disneyland.
We discuss tips about avoiding meltdowns, the most quiet places, visiting Club 33, and traveling with VIP Tour Guides.
Also, this week’s Disneyland secret features the specially decorated horse on the Disneyland carousel dedicated to Julie Andrews.
The information below is all based off of the podcast audio. Be sure to listen for the full experience.
Click The Play Button Below to Listen:
More Specifically, In This Episode You’ll Hear:
- The best ways to avoid melt downs in Disneyland
- Our favorite quiet places in the parks
- When it is a good time to nap in the parks
- Visiting the Walt Disney Family Museum
- Casey’s review of the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps Tour
- Each of our attempts to stump the other with Disneyland Secrets and facts
- Walt Disney World tips for Disneyland regulars
- The difficulties of visiting Harry Potter World and Walt Disney World in the same vacation
This Week’s Disneyland Secret:
Each week we feature a secret from my new book Disneyland Secrets: A Guide to Disneyland’s Hidden Details. This week we discuss the highly decorated carousel horse that was dedicated to Julie Andrews for her work as the official Disneyland Ambassador and also for the rest of her career working for Disney.
Locate the most highly decorated horse with the white collar that reads “Disneyland Ambassador” and you will have found this special Julie Andrews Disneyland Ambassador Carousel horse.
Resources and Items Mentioned in This Episode:
- Mistakes I Have Made Visiting Disneyland– Basis for this episode. An article by Casey on her blog.
- DLRPrepSchool.com – This is Casey’s site about planning a Disneyland vacation. No news, all planning.
- TouringPlans– Great resource to maximize your time in the parks.
- RideMax– Touring Plans competitor that we compare in the episode.
- Walk in Walt’s Footsteps Tour– the tour that takes you into the lobby of Club 33 and into Walt Disney’s apartment above the Main Street Firehouse
Special Thanks to You:
I created this Disneyland podcast for you, the Disney fan. The only way that I will be able to continue to produce these audio interview collections is with your help.
Currently, the best way to help out the Disney Dose podcast is to leave a review for the podcast on our page in iTunes. These are extremely helpful and so greatly appreciated.
Thanks to everyone who has reviewed the show thus far.
Also, be sure to join our newsletter to receive our emails each week and become a member of our community.
Thanks for joining Casey and me today to discuss the mistakes that each of us have made while visiting the Disneyland parks.
Find us on iTunes and Stitcher and subscribe to the show to receive the new episode each week.