If you are heading out to either coast this 2012 December make sure to check out this Disneyland Walt Disney World Refurbishment schedule. Use this list to correctly plan your magical Disney vacation. Please remember that attraction availability may change at any time. (That basically means that Disney can close down attractions whenever they want to, but most times they don't) Bookmark this list, print it out, or save it to your mobile device so that you can carry it with you in the parks.
If you are heading out to the parks be sure to sign up for our Free Guide to Saving Money and Losing Stress at the Disney Parks.
Walt Disney World Resort
- Mouseketeer Club (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through November 2012.
- Test Track (Epcot) closed through 12/5/12 for transformation to the Chevrolet Design Center. Read about the new attraction.
- Bistro de Paris (Epcot) closed through 12/11/12 for refurbishment.
- Courtyard Pool (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through late December 2012 for refurbishment. A zero-entry slope will be added. The Beach Pool and Slide will remain open.
- Gasparilla Grill and Games (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through 12/17/12. An extended menu will be available at the Beach Pool Bar and pre-packaged food will be available at Mizner’s Lounge.
- Typhoon Lagoon closed through 1/5/13 for annual refurbishment.
- Ivy Trellis Beauty and Barber Shop (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through mid-February 2013 for refurbishment.
- Epcot Character Spot (Epcot) closed through mid-February 2013. A temporary location will be available near the Fountain View Ice Cream shop where you can see Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Goofy is appearing at Epcot’s main entrance, near Spaceship Earth.
- Grand Floridian Spa (Grand Floridian Resort) closed through mid-2013 due to construction at the resort. The Grand Floridian Fitness Center remains open and guests may use The Spa at Saratoga Springs Resort.
- Magnolia Golf Course closed 11/26/12-12/2/12 for refurbishment.
- Palm Golf Course closed 12/3/12-12/9/12 for refurbishment.
- Oak Trail Golf Course closed 12/10/12-12/14/12 for refurbishment.
- Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom) closed 1/2/13-3/19/13 for refurbishment.
- Blizzard Beach closed 1/6/13-3/16/13 for annual refurbishment.
- Mad Tea Party (Magic Kingdom) closed 1/7/13-2/18/13 for refurbishment.
- Liberty Square Riverboat (Magic Kingdom) closed 2/1/13-2/7/13 for refurbishment.
- California Grill (Contemporary Resort) closed 2/2/13-8/31/13 for refurbishment.
- Indiana Jones Adventure (Disneyland) closed through 12/7/12 for refurbishment.
- Troubadour Tavern (Disneyland) closed through 5/22/13 for refurbishment.
- Mickey’s Fun Wheel (DCA) closed 11/26/12-12/6/12 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Trail (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/10/13, 1/14/13-1/17/13, 1/21/13-1/24/13 and 1/28/13-1/31/13 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Ranch Petting Farm (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/17/13 for refurbishment.
- Haunted Mansion (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/17/13 to remove holiday overlay.
- Primeval World (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-1/23/13 for refurbishment.
- Fantasmic! (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-2/14/13 for refurbishment.
- Silly Symphony Swings (DCA) closed 1/7/13-2/17/13 for refurbishment.
- Grizzly River Run (DCA) closed 1/7/13-2/28/13 for refurbishment.
- Mark Twain Riverboat (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-3/28/13 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Disneyland) closed 1/7/13-10/30/13 for a major refurbishment.