One of my personal favorite parks is the wild world of Animal Kingdom. With an unmatchable peaceful vibe, attractions that will have you roaring, and amazing food options, this park has it all. Since many guests often do this park in the mornings, it's helpful to know where the best places are to get Animal Kingdom breakfast.
Breakfast is incredibly versatile depending on how you and your party like to do vacation. Some people love to have a full sit-down meal for breakfast while others just enjoy a quick grab-and-go option. Either of those options (or somewhere in between) are perfectly okay for an Animal Kingdom breakfast.
Whatever type of breakfast connoisseur you are, you’re probably wondering what the best recommendation for a dining location is. Here, you will find every option and the best suggestions for Animal Kingdom breakfast.
In this article:
Discount Walt Disney World Tickets
Our favorite Disney-approved re-seller, Get Away Today, offers the best Walt Disney World discount tickets around. In addition to great discount prices, their customer service and easy support is absolutely fantastic. They have an entire department dedicated to making sure every order has a wonderful experience and they are on-call to help you during your vacation if you need them.
And at no additional charge, you get FREE concierge Walt Disney World services! These services include having Get Away Today's Walt Disney World expert Brooklyn take care of all your dining reservations, price monitoring, and more! This really takes all the stress out of planning a Walt Disney World vacation. Rather than waking up at odd hours of the night to book all your reservations, why not let their travel agents take care of it for you- for free!
Buying tickets from Get Away Today is easy and convenient since all their tickets are sent electronically. You can take their vouchers and head straight to the gate without needing to wait in any ticket booth lines. They also offer layaway plans so you can pay off your vacation over time.
Best Breakfast in Animal Kingdom
Here are some tips and tricks you should know to make your day (and breakfast) a lot easier.
- Download the MyDisney Experience app. This app is free to download and available on any Apple or Google store. You can link any existing Disney website account to the app and will be able to make purchases, reservations, and more. You can do just about everything on this app!
- Link your party. Anyone in your party should be added to your friends and family list on the app. This will ensure that reservations, photos, and more are shared with everyone! Also, by linking anyone in the party, they can also download the app and help with reservations, virtual queues, and more!
- Purchase your park ticket. The most important part! Purchase your ticket on Disney’s official website for whichever day(s) you plan on being there.
- Reserve your park! Until January 9th, 2024, reservations for park days are still a requirement. Once you have purchased the tickets, you will see a screen that offers the option to reserve the park you wish to visit. This can be done later, but I suggest doing it right away. Parks can and will fill up and then you will miss out!
- Reserve any dining. 60 days before your vacation, you are able to start making dining reservations. Desirable dining spots tend to be taken quickly, so be up early and ready to snag some! A few locations around the parks will offer walk-up reservations, but it is not a guarantee that you will get one. That being said, try your best to reserve before your vacation approaches.
Best Breakfast in Animal Kingdom
Oasis/Front of Park
At the front of the park right before you enter the Oasis is Rainforest Cafe. There is another one in Disney Springs, but where better to have a jungle themed restaurant than Animal Kingdom? From 8:30am to 10:25am every day, you can find breakfast options at this sit-down dining location!
There are so many yummy entrees here. For example, they offer Bananas Foster pancakes with bananas, candied pecans, and syrup, all for $17.99! This is a great place to start the day, especially because there are so many different offerings for anyone. While they offer the classic breakfast fare, they also have brunch options, breakfast sandwiches with a twist, and healthier light bites. For children 9 and under, they do have other options like waffles, eggs, oatmeal, or pancakes.
Entrees here will cost around $20 off of the adult menu and $10-$12 for children. They also have small side plates for around $5 and various fun coffees, smoothies, and more! For those 21 and up, there are a few cocktails available as well.
Remember, this is a sit-down dining location, so you are able to reserve this one at your 60 day window.
- Isle of Java. From 7:30am to 5pm, this quick-service stand offers simple (Yet yummy) breakfast options! If you like breakfast sandwiches, they have a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit for $6.99. You can get this sandwich without the sausage if you would like that, too! They also have a few different pastries for under $10. They have various soft drinks and also different coffee-based drinks.
- Creature Comforts. This is Animal Kingdom’s Starbucks. Here, you can find pretty typical Starbucks fare with the same prices. However, there are unique offerings to this location. Drinks are completely customizable and will run on average about $5-$8. Food offerings include breakfast sandwiches, bagels, pastries, and wraps. You can find a few exclusive pastries here, like cupcakes and Mickey cinnamon rolls!
Pandora: World of Avatar
Located at the back of Pandora sits Pongu Pongu. This small quick-service stand packs a mighty punch. Breakfast starts at 7:30am, and is quite delicious! All offerings are under $10 and are perfect for a quick on-the-go bite. They have a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit for $6.99, a pineapple and cream cheese spring roll for $3.79, and a cinnamon roll for $6.49.
There is no coffee or tea at this stand, but they do have other drinks available. This includes the popular ‘Night Blossom’ slushy. Costing $6.29, this is desert pear and apple flavors combined into a delicious drink. For an extra fee, you can add alcohol.
For a limited time, Satu’li Canteen (Right next door) offered breakfast, but as of right now, they just have lunch and dinner starting at 10am. Be sure to check upon arrival if there are any breakfast offerings, because they are put out randomly!
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments. This little stand is quite the find and serves breakfast starting at 8am! It’s simple and quick. There is a sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich for $6.99 that will be sure to fill you up. There are also various pastries for $8 and under. I have to shout out the honey pistachio croissant for $4.29. It is warm, sweet with a hint of salt, and filling. If I had to-go boxes with me, I would have ordered a million of these. For beverages, they have soft drinks, hot chocolate, milk, and standard brewed hot coffee.
- Tusker House Restaurant. This character sit-down dining will be sure to please the whole family. The cost is $45 for adults and $29 for children ages 3-9. You can see Mickey and friends in their best safari outfits while enjoying your meal, and even participate in a dance party! This is buffet-style dining, so options will vary. There are pastries like coffee cakes, muffins, danishes, and more. Waffles, granola, berry oatmeal, bacon, sausage, ham, and more lay out on the buffet ready for you to enjoy. Breakfast here runs from 8am to 10:30am.
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery. This is very similar to Tamu Tamu with its offerings. You can find almost the same pastries as well as the sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit. Nearby, you can also find seating to enjoy your food! They also offer African Coffee for $13.50 that features Amarula Cream Liqueur. Breakfast starts at 8am, so be ready to eat!
- Royal Anandapur Tea Company. Hidden perfectly in the scenery, do not overlook this stand! Starting at 7:30am, you can get various coffees and pastries here for under $10. The offerings look familiar here…Because it is Animal Kingdom’s Joffrey’s stand! Anyone who knows me knows I love Joffrey’s. They offer such great coffee and tea, and it’s unique to Disney compared to going to Starbucks! This location also offers outdoor seating, so you can take a minute to rest before going back to your wild day!
- Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes. Breakfast begins at 9am here. Offerings are around $12 and will be sure to fill you up for the morning. They have breakfast bowls with eggs, veggies, potatoes, and cheese. For an extra $1, you can add bacon or sausage. They also offer two different breakfast sandwiches, one of which has egg whites for a lighter option! For kids, they have a pancake and sausage dog or french toast sticks for around $9. Seating is directly next to the stand. This is a great simple spot!
Contrary to what some might believe, Dinoland U.S.A. does not offer any breakfast! Sometimes at the Dino-Bite Snackstand, you can find a Joffrey’s ice cream and coffee float and a special muffin, but these are not offered all of the time and are not currently there. That’s definitely one of those things that you have to visit the stand to check for.
However, if you ever want to eat lunch in Dinoland, they do have a great restaurant!
Our Picks for Best Breakfast in Animal Kingdom
I could never narrow down one specific place. Instead, I would like to suggest one sit-down dining service and two quick-services! Sorry not sorry, there are just too many unique offerings to not tell you all about!
Best Animal Kingdom Breakfast (Sit-down)
No questions asked, Tusker House takes the cake for a sit-down breakfast. While Rainforest Cafe is a great contender with a good variety of options, the price and atmosphere of Tusker House is better in my opinion.
The characters are super interactive and the whole vibe is incredibly fun! Also, for sit-down character dining, the price point of $45 for adults and $29 for children is more reasonable than other Disney locations.
As for the food, you cannot go wrong. While the offerings are traditionally-based, they do have a cultural spin on them, making for a very delicious and individual experience. For example, you can find fruit salad with ginger syrup, guava and cream cheese danishes, and Andouille sausage. Also here, you can find those tasty Simba waffles that everyone is sure to love. This food is very filling, as you can visit the buffet as many times as you please!
If you are a family that enjoys taking their time with a meal, having a reserved sit-down reservation, and having fun, then this is for you!
Best Animal Kingdom Breakfast (Quick)
I could not recommend just one location for quick-service, so let me tell you both…And why I recommend them for best Animal Kingdom breakfast.
Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery is such a quaint location with delicious options. Not to mention, Africa tends to be pretty quiet in the morning, so it’s lovely to enjoy a simple breakfast while surrounded by the ambiance of the park.
The sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit is the most hardy option, and for being a basic breakfast sandwich, it’s very good! And once again, I have to pay homage to possibly the best pastry I’ve ever had…The honey pistachio croissant. I am absolutely serious when I say that I think about this every day, but haven’t been able to find anything similar near me.
Also, they offer a colossal cinnamon roll, which is a wonderful shareable option for the family.
Be sure to stop by this hidden gem on your next trip!
Creature Comforts is going to be a surprising recommendation from me. I know, I know…If you know me, or any of the other food recommendations I have made in the past, you know that I usually say to avoid Starbucks.
However, I cannot resist the recommendation for this one. Yes, it is mostly standard Starbucks food and beverage. But compared to other Starbucks around Disney property, this one is not usually as busy, and it offers a great environment. There is nothing like enjoying breakfast underneath the Tree of Life in the Most Magical Place on Earth, even if it is just a Starbucks coffee.
Also, one of the main reasons I love this location is the charity. You can help a wonderful cause here. For every flat white purchased, Disney will donate money to the cotton-top tamarins. These primates are highly endangered, and all of the proceeds go directly to helping save them. Eat and drink good…While doing something good!
Plan Your Walt Disney World Vacation
If you want to help those little cotton-top tamarins during your next visit to Animal Kingdom, plan your trip now! With our free newsletter, you can get access to discount tickets, tips, tricks, and advice! We even offer resources for free quotes to use when pondering on your vacation.
We want to ensure that you have the best vacation possible, which is why we have so many other helpful guides. Check them out below: