Oh Disneyland, the happiest place on earth. To many this sentence may just be a marketing campaign, but to me it is a true statement that comes to life every time I walk down Main Street or ride Pirates of the Caribbean. At this point many of you are probably thinking, great, he is about to get all sad and sentimental. I am.
Below is my collection of reasons that make me fall in love with Disneyland with every visit.
- Everyone greets you with a smile The cast members at Disneyland have smiles on their face 24/7, and because of that all of the guests feel the same way. Laughter and happiness are contagious.
- Everything is so clean. One time I experimented by dropping a piece of trash on the ground and looked at my watch. In under a minute the trash had been swept up by a Cast Member. After that I got the name of the cast member and told City Hall about my experience. I always try to do this when a Cast Member does something that I like.
- It is never silent. Someone once said life should be set to music (if they didn't then I call that quote mine), and so it is in Disneyland. You can't walk through Fantasyland or get wet on Splash Mountain without hearing music.
- Who doesn't like being told happy birthday? I sure do, and so does every other person who dons a birthday button and has every Cast Member in Disneyland wishing you happy birthday.
- The night time is just so cool. Every night at dusk the entire park lights up and the fireworks go off. Then there's World of Color and Fanstasmic!.
- The food may be expensive, but it is good. For example, when was the last time that you had a Corn Dog that was as good as one from Corn Dog Castle? Just try to answer that question.
- There is a whole other park across the way. Yes, California Adventure wasn't the best park when it first opened, but now, after Disney invested $1 Billion into the park it will be amazing, starting with Cars Land, Buena Vista Street, and World of Color.
- It is much more quaint than Walt Disney World. When I visit the Magic Kingdom in Disney World it feels huge, but not so Disneyland, Disneyland feels just right.
I hope that you enjoyed my sentimental list of the reasons why I continue to fall in love with Disneyland over and over again. What are the things that you love most about Disneyland? If you have had the chance to visit both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland which do you prefer?